Unfortunately, due to my misplaced ambition last year where I increased my mileage too quickly in the spring, I will probably get to none of them.
Here are some local races that would make for a good year.
- St. Patrick's Day Road Race 10k, March 16, 2014, $50 until Feb 16, entry gets you a t-shirt and a chance to win your weight in beer.
- Calgary Police Half, April 27, 2014, $85 until Feb 6, registration is open now, includes a race shirt
- Calgary Spring Classic, May 2014, $15 per event, like Steeplechase on the outdoor track
- Calgary Marathon, June 1, 2014, $90 until March 31, includes a race shirt, a medal and a post-race breakfast
- Cochrane Footstock 10k, June 14, 2014, registration opens Feb 13
- High River Half Marathon, July 1, 2014, $40 until March 31, includes a t-shirt
- Stampede Road Race Half Marathon, July 6, 2014, $65 until June 1, includes a t-shirt
- Moose Mountain Trail Race 29k, August 2014, $60, includes a t-shirt and lunch
- Dino Dash 10k, Sept 2014, $35 until Aug, includes a t-shirt
- Canmore Rocky Mountain Half, Sept 7, 2014, registration opens Feb 1
- Rock the House Run 10k, in Sept, proceeds to Ronald McDonald House
- Harvest Half, Oct 4, 2014, $60 until Sept 1, $60 includes a t-shirt and post-race brunch, registration opens April 1
- Last Chance Half, November 9, 2014
- Athletics Alberta Timex Road Race Series
- Five Peaks
- Calgary Roadrunners Cross Country Grand Prix Series