Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Goal Races: 3 half marathons + 3 10ks + the Gorilla Run

In July I started run-commuting the 10k to work and biking back, or vice versa, depending on where the bike was. Not every day, but a couple or few times a week. It would be nice to build that up in 2013 up to 50k a week consistently. Before I pulled my calf in October I imagined my progress was going to grow exponentially and by the summer I'd be running ultramarathons, but I think I have to be more realistic. So I picked a handful of more modest goal races for 2013:

St. Patrick's Day 10k Road Race, March 17
Calgary Marathon half marathon May 26
Stampede Road Race half marathon July 7
Dino Dash 10k early Sept (Road Race)
Rock the House Run 10k Sept 22 (Road Race)
Gorilla Run Oct
Last Chance Half Marathon Nov 10

I point out the road races because you haven't really run a race in the city if you've never run down the middle of a closed road with hundreds of your new best friends. The police close the streets so people can run and walk on them for fun. How cool is that?

upcoming races
Dino Classic indoor track at Jack Simpson Jan 5
MEC Hot Chocolate Run 5/10k, January 19
and several local versions of Hypothermic Half: Calgary Feb 9 + Edmonton Feb 10 + Lethbridge March 2 + Red Deer March 3
Cochrane Winterfest jan 26 3k 5k 10k
Glencoe Icebreaker April 7 registration Jan 2, must bring in paper form
Calgary Police Half April 28 registration some time in January

No comments: